Contents > Chapter 9: Knowledge of the Ghayb (Unseen) > The Deobandis in the World of Dreams
Since it has been established by the Ahaadeeth of Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) that glad tidings may be received through dreams, the Deobandis have extensively made use of this possibility until their books are filled with Mubashshirat (glad-tidings) after Mubashshirat for their Madhhab, their school of Deoband and their scholars. Following are some of the dreams in which the Deobandis claim glad tidings for themselves, and try to misguide the people into believing that their methodology of Sufism, veneration of saints, exaggeration and blind-following has the approval of Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam):
1. Rasheed Ahmad Gungohi writes in Al-Baraheen al-Qatiya about the superiority of the Madrasa (school) of Deoband … a noble person was blessed with a vision of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), in which he saw Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) speaking in Urdu. The noble person asked, ‘How do you know this language, while you are an Arab?’ He (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said, ‘From the time I have been in contact with the scholars of the school of Deoband, I’ve known this language’.” Rasheed Ahmad Gungohi comments, “From this we understand the greatness of this Madrasa (school).” (Click to view scanned image of the quote)
2. Moulana Zakariyah says: “Once he (Imdadullah Muhajir Makki) saw in a dream that he could not lift his feet on account of the awe, which pervaded his being. Suddenly, his honorable ancestor, Mulla Bulaqi appeared and taking hold of Haji Sahib’s hand, presented him to Rasoolullah. In turn, Rasoolullah took hold of his (Haji Sahib’s) hand and assigned him into the care of Shaikh Mashaikh Hazrat Mia’nji Nur Muhammad.” (click to view the scanned image of this quote)
3. Moulana Zakariyah says: “… Hazrat’s (Imdadullah Muhajir Makki) sister-in-law saw Rasoolullah in a dream saying: “Get up! (Move away!) I shall prepare the food of Imdadullah’s guests who are Ulema.”
4. Moulana Zakariyah says: “Once a man saw in his dream that Hazrat Haji Sahib (Imdadullah Muhajir Makki) was wearing the Mubarak cloak of Rasoolullah…”
5. Moulana Zakariyah says: “After Ziyarat of Rasoolullah’s grave, he (Imdadullah Muhajir Makki) derived fuyudh of that holy place. During his time in Medina, while in Muraqabah in the area known as ‘a garden from the gardens of Jannah’ (i.e. the area between the Sacred grave and blessed minbar), he had the honor of making Ziyarat of Rasoolullah, who placed an amamah (turban) on his head.”
6. Moulana Zakariyah says: “In one of the villages in the district of Surat, there was an Imam of the Masjid, whose name is Sulaiman Mia. He dreamt that two Buzurgs with the holiest countenance were sitting on a throne. Sulaiman Mia asked this man: “Who are these great people?” He replied: “The great one is Rasoolullah and the other is Moulana Rasheed Ahmad, the Shaikh of Moulvi Ahmad Buzurg, former principal of Dhabel Madrasa.”
 Al-Baraheen al-Qatiya, p.30.
 Irshaadul-Mulook (Eng. Trans) p. 29-30, Mashaikh-e-Chist (Eng. Trans) p.209 and Imdadul-Mushtaq ila Ashraful-akhlaq, (Urdu version) p. 8.
 Mashaikh-e-Chist pp. 221, Ikhmaalush Shiyaam (Eng. trans) pp. 45, Irshaadul-Mulook (Eng. trans) p.32 and Imdadul-Mushtaq ila Ashraful-akhlaq, (Urdu version) p. 8-9
 Mashaikh-e-Chist p.223.
 Mashaikh-e-Chist p.221.
 Mashaikh-e-Chist (Eng. Trans) p.248-249.